Re: LEATHERS,ETC.

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998 08:15:16 EST RUN4BEAR <RUN4BEAR@aol.com> writes:

><< I think Farnam sells those stirrup things that hold the leathers
> straight.
> 	 >>
I had some stirrups from Ortho Flex that had a pivoting bracket at the
top that allowed you to set up the stirrup so that the stirrup hung
sideways while the leather lay flat.  Sounds great, but it doesn't work!
Think about it.  Rather than have the flat of the leather against your
leG, you get the edge of it.  Much worse.

could fly.  He  won a 50.  Didn't look much like one.  15 hands, low
action, looked like a rather plain Arabian racking to me.  I saw three
other Pasos compete, all were pulled for being plum worn out at the 12
mile mark...let's see you do a bicycle road race on a mountain bike in
1st gear!.  Too many RPMs

To the cowboy in tights...I've gotten so used to them, that the fellows
in jeans look like dudes.  Just make sure you change after the race.

On how to improve recoveries on a big horse:  SPONGE SPONGE SPONGE