Re: Paso Finos

Lynn-Marie

>>But if your goal is to
advance as an endurance rider, I would advise picking another breed.<<

That's what Heidi said, in answer to someone who *asked* for ridecamper
opinions, IOW she thinks Pasos aren't for highly competitive riders with
national or international aspirations.

>>Excuse me, on *six*  horses, you make these kinds of conclusions?  I doubt that there's enough of a database of this breed in your experience to make any kind of accurate judgments and at the very least it isn't very scientific!  Too many variables left unconsidered here, (conditioning for one)  plus a few personal prejudices injected. <<

She is entitled to her own opinion, and *that* is what we post here--our
opinions!  She didn't "flame" the Paso breeds!

I have TWH and Arabs.  For instance, it is my opinion after 11 years
with TWH that *most* with proper preparation will rarely top ten 50 or
greater mileage rides, but always complete.  There are exceptions, but
they are rarities.  And they mostly aren't gaiting their way, but are
cantering and galloping, unless they're going for completion, a basic
goal in our sport, which Heidi acknowledged.

I also think most Pasos, with proper conditioning, could also complete.
I don't think they are usually capable of competing for top ten finishes
against Arabians/crosses, particularly on flat rides.  Check the mph
that winning horses average.  Your Pasos, TWHs whatever would have to
gallop most of the way to be competitive.

With messages like yours, it discourages people from posting their own
EXPERIENCES or opinion.  Most of us aren't presenting the latter as
scientific studies of any sort, just what we have experienced along the
trail.

Lynne
and Rem-member Me