Re: Endurance blankets

Kristen L Olko wrote:

> How does one wash an endurances horse's blanket? I want to waterproof it
> and it's filthy.
Kris-
We wash them the same way as any other horse's blanket  :)

We lay them out on the driveway, dribble soapy water (1 scoop
non-scented laundry detergent in 5 gal).  We brush it in with an old,
clean broom (short stubby bristles), flip & repeat on other side.  We
then hang a rod/board/pole between the 2 doors of the trailer and hose
it off well.

There was an excellent thread at the beginning of fall re waterproofing
blankets.  I'd check the archives for the info.  We use 1000 denier
cordura blankets (amish made in PA) that have never leaked & have never
needed any further waterproofing - I wouldn't give them up for the
world.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV