safe trails

The only TRUE hazard to me is to have to SWIM your horse.  Do not, for a
second, think all horses can swim.  My stallion cannot.  When we took him
swimming, he immediately flipped over backwards, thought he was dying, legs
in the air...my husband was able to turn him over and he immediately did it
again!  Imagine if there was a current!  He will now panic if he gets up to
his chest in water, and yes, I did the Old Dominion...with floaties on his bridle!
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Arabians
Home of FA AL BADI+/ (who cannot swim but sure can run!)
Oklahoma