Re: Dangerous Trails

I rode my own horses down the Grand Canyon a few years ago.  They were
essentially greenies (did they first 50 two weeks later).  I was scared
shitless.  The guide assured me horses didn't want to fall and that they did
not have the fear of heights that I did.  So, I toughed it out.  Terrified the
entire way. Those "trails" were never meant for horses, much less the mules!!!
But, the memories will always be with me and I learned that horses are sane
enough to take care of you.  I did not lose my fear, I just learned to put it
in it's place.

Teddy