Re: Cherry sawdust

<< So PLEASE stick to
 shavings and discontinue the sawdust!

 Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon) >>

I use shavings ONLY, but here is the difference:

1. My horses live OUTSIDE and come in only to eat.  They have a run-in with
sawdust, but spend most of their time outside.

2. My sawdust is damp, not kiln dried.  It is not fine, but coarse. Hence, it
does not blow around.

3. I use facemasks while trailering since it is a MUST to put shavings under
them for long trips and we usually leave the drop-down windows open.

Shavings are nice and soft, but I waste too much.  They are also VERY hard to
get. Sawdust from rough-cut wood (as used for pallets instead of that which
comes from  cabinetry manufacturers) CAN contain some splinters.  But, in 25
years of using the stuff, I have yet to have any problems.

Teddy