Re: trail safety

REPLY TO 01/01/98 23:14 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: trail safety

Terry Woolley Howe wrote:  I would appreciate some feedback from the group.

> Do you riders prefer dirt roads to single tract trails that require
> horsemanship?

God, give me my pony, a single track trail, and MILES of it!

Single track RULES !   Dirt roads are boring!   Put on a beautiful ride with
beautiful scenery and more riders will come and enjoy it!
--
Deanne Del Vecchio

-------
I know a lot of people feel this way, but I love a good, wide
fire-road with good footing!  I have a somewhat spooky mare, and we
do best when we can get in a good working trot or slow canter and
cruise along, without having to duck branches or dodge rocks or
tree trunks!

In fact, when groups of us ride at Pt. Reyes and they go up the
stair-stepping Greenpicker, I love to cruise up Stewards trail,
which is wide and open.

Karen

To:  ridecamp@endurance.net