Re: Hazards on endurance rides related to horse size

Glenda,

>etc., where their big TBs were stumbling and rocking from side to
>side.
>It may be a breed thing too, I dunno,

It's not. My horse is big and has no problem with that kind of stuff. She
always
seems to be watching where she's going.

>can go really fast on rough terrain.

My best race placings on  my TB have been the tougher, hillier ones. A
larger,
taller horse should have a fuller girth with larger lungs - shouldn't
they? On flat, easy rides,
I guess I am not willing to go as fast as the front runners.

One hazard related to size is hitting your head on branches that RM's cut
to an Arab horse height : )

Kris