Re: Hazards on endurance rides related to horse size

Tracy,

My tall, leggy Arab also hops sideways. And he is 10. But his better trick
is coming to a complete halt in mid stride when he sees something scary
that I don't see. Other riders get worried looks on their faces when I go
flying over Star's head. But Star just stands there waiting for me to get
back on and away we go.

He may have long legs, but he is agile and quick as a cat.

But he IS getting better about the whole thing. One of my training buddies
commented that she hasn't seen him shy for a long time.

chris paus & star