ride food

Santa brought me a copy of "The One Pan Gourmet" and suddenly I'm getting
very enthusiastic about ride food!  (Has anyone made the Hudson Bay Bread
for vet check sandwiches?  It sounds like it has good potential! :)

I know there were a few posts this summer about what to eat during breaks
that's filling and won't upset your tummy, and food you can carry with
you, and while reading my new book, which has lots of yummy recipes for
night-before and after-ride meals,  I started thinking about compiling a
Ride Food FAQ that would cover "just before" & "during" ride foods.  Anyone
care to contribute?  Just send me ideas or simple recipes and I'll
collect them for awhile and put them in a FAQ that Steph can post on
www.endurance.net.

(Somebody stop me if there's already one up.  I thought I'd read all the
FAQs online already, but I coulda missed one, and I can't get the site up
right now to double-check.)

(Tracy, are you happy?  I'm trying to get another new thread going! <bg>)

Glenda & Lakota (25 down, 1000s to go!)