FW: ridecamp-d Digest V97 #808

As I was "catching up" on posts, I ran across the thread on the free =
filly...  This reminded me of a beautiful, well-bred QH filly that I =
acquired some years ago with similar outlook on life!  It turned out =
that Velvet had a brain tumor.  I sure hated to see her killed and just =
because the opportunity presented itself, I had a very complete autopsy =
done by myself (vet tech.) and a vet student, and a very nice vet who =
was helping us pass an anatomy class.  We sure didn't expect to find =
anything-much less the tumor.  This was the major cause of the filly's =
behavior problem according to the vet.  Just food for thought...

Vickie Smith
Lincoln, VT