Re: Bible Quotes of the horse

Dear Angie,
     Perhaps because the Hebrews, with their long history of monotheism, very
early on seperated "Man" from "nature" in thier cosmology, and felt that
heaven had been created for man alone, nature being inherently corrupt.  I'm
more inclined to agree with Henry David Thoreau, in the belief that Heaven is
under our feet as well as over our heads, and thus my Heaven is populated with
not only horses, but dogs, wolves, whales, coyotes, butterflies, birds, fish,
praying mantises and garden spiders, crocodiles and frogs and salamanders and
bats and foxes . . . the list goes on and on, and even includes the odd
serpent or two . . .<VBG>
    As to "death riding a pale horse," now THAT seems a particularly relevant
quote, since many of my "show-horse" friends think anyone who wants to ride 50
or 100 miles in a day has a death wish (or at least an "intense-suffering"
wish) and I, like you, (like so many of us) DO ride a "pale horse."

Trish & pretty David (also gray!)
Grand Blanc, Michigan

<<
  >Hebrew writers of
 >these
 >books come from a race which was never at ease with horses.

 Ahhh, but the horse is the only animal mentioned in heaven.

 Rev. 19: 11  I saw haven standing open and there before me was a white
 horse whose rider is called Faithful and True.

 Rev. 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white
 horses and dressed in fine linen white and clean.

 Isn't this great?  All we have to do is enlist as soon as we get there!

 Angie and Kaboot...grey.."death rides on a pale horse" >>