Re: Other Sport Horse Organization Membership Fee Structures (Teddy's and Bob's questions)

Barb:

So what you are looking for is something like $60 for a single, $115 for a
husband/wife, $35 for a junior and $55 for "an additional family member".

With this structure I am quite sure that there could be a decrease in
membership and subsequent reduction in revenue. I project this from the view
point that there are quite a few "spouses"  belonging to the AERC who do not
compete but do "crew" and furnish other means of support. These persons join
under the "family" category, supply a bit of revenue and cost the AERC
office nothing more than a membership card. Now you may counter with the
addition of those additional members joining under the family guise. Being
from Idaho and participating in a "traditional family" I cannot estimate
this impact.

Perhaps your group should ask the AERC Office for some membership data and
run comparative figures. The data should be readily available, the time for
doing the analysis is lacking with our office staff but them we have many
data analysists on line who can run the figures. I recommend you approach
Doyle with this or a similar concept! Then publish the results for all to
see prior to the Convention.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID