Fwd: AERC 10 mile rides -YESS!

In a message dated 12/29/98 6:05:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Dear AERC,

 Thank you so much for changing your LD definition to 0-49 miles. I
 have been wanting to have an old-time 10 mile race for ages, but felt
 that it was too risky without some kind of organization to sanction it.
 Now if your LD committee can just push through the suggestion to have
 LD rides only so I don't have to mess around having an unwanted 50 mile
 slow poke ride at the same time I will really be set to go. Of course
 AERC LD rules will kind of slow my ride a bit from the pace I want, but
 I can get around most of that by having a vet check real near the start
 of the ride with a very short hold time and having an unofficial award
 for 1st across the finish line as well as keeping track of the times to
 recover for AERC, and anyways a good fit running horse should recover quick
 enough to still keep things exciting even for the official AERC placings.

 Maybe in the future that small fraction of LD people who hate the LD
 restrictions will even manage to get all mileages classed as endurance
 rides and I can really run my race as a race!  Oh I know you most of you
 think that can never happen, but if they play on the fears and egos of
 "endurance" riders by challenging mileages of 50 mile rides and actually
 finding a few short ones they may well get their way.  I've been
 observing you all, and I expect that many "endurance" riders would
 rather have all mileages classed as endurance then lose any of their
 precious endurance miles into an LD classification.  The majority of
 you will not even bother to vote, so its not like they would have to
 convince a majority of members, they'd just have to have an organized
 lobby.

 INteresting, how many people think bad taste is funny. what a clod!

---- Begin included message ----

From: Anton Gueincheek
Email: anonymous@endurance.net

[...]

Anton Gueincheek