Re: Hauling across country alone plus dog

I'm a shipper, as well as an endurance person.  I WOULD NOT unload your horse
if it's only 24-26 hours.  Don't grain.  Give water every three to four hours
and hay, if possible, at will.  If I have a horse untied in the trailer, I
leave hay down for them.  If they are tied, I put it in a hay bay, tied VERY
high, so there's no chance of getting tangled up in it.

Doing this haul by yourself, this time of year, is very risky.  If you have a
friend that can make the trip with you, I'd highly suggest it.  If you have a
cell phone, or a CB, make sure you take it.  Make sure someone at home has
your itinerary.  If you feel at all tired, stop and rest for an hour or two.

I'm sure I left something out :-)  Sorry for sounding like a mother hen!!
Good luck!!

Christine
Mane Street Horse Transport