Re: Horsey colds and cures

Hi, Cheryl.
    I have had very good results using the same combination mentioned
by another poster on Ridecamp, but I use my own products.  We
make a Vitamin C concentrate powder that is 4,000 mg. per tsp.
I will send you a sample to get you started if you would send me
a SASE w. equiv. 4 stamps.  We also make a great E w. Selenium
and an E w. o. Selenium but with 3,000 units per oz. (high test
version specially good for breeding animals and as a super anti-
oxident treatment).  Our Anidophilus is always a good idea
as a Probiotic can help protect the general health of the animal
and cut back on the "runs" which sometimes occur during colds.
Let me know if you want a sample.  We make all these products
(and many more) in smaller containers (1-3lb.) to give you a chance
to try in smaller investments.  Also, be careful of dehydration during
cold season, as the horses sometimes tend to drink less water when
they are feeling down (we make a great Electrolyte powder, as well.).
Good luck, and I do believe you are on the right track, including the
Echinacea.  Oh, yes, you might want to consider a bit of extra Zinc
while the cold is going strong.  I have used lozenges from the health
food store made of C-Zinc-Echinacea-Propolis and honey, and they
are terrific for colds.    Take care.  Linda (AVP)