Fun with Fitness!!

What do you think of riders who constantly complain about having
to meet a "60" pulse.  "My horse can't do that, he never does,
yet wins lots of rides."

Funny, they just don't get it.  They are riding their horse
beyond the present fitness level.  Either to stressed out from
too much overall work and not enough recovery, or simply not yet
fit enough to do the job.

AND, this business of dousing the horse with water to make his
pulse come down!!!  Unless it ia 90 degrees and 90% humidity,
this, IMO, is counter-productive.  From my experience, the FIT
horses recover quickly WITHOUT water.

Say, how about a new "T-shirt":

YOU KNOW YOUR HORSE IS FIT WHEN:

1. His pulse is 60 in 2 minutes at a vet check and goes down to
40 in 10 minutes......

Keep on adding, let's have some fun with education!!!

Teddy