Re: Bells during hunting season

In a message dated 12/22/98 3:49:05 AM EST, lbm@ici.net writes:

<< Incidentally, at the Clemson trails conference, one of the park rangers
 said that they were asking mountain bikers to wear bells so that all the
 other trail users--hikers and horses--can hear them coming.

I'm sorry, but that is the silliest thing I've ever heard!!!  I can hear
mountain bikers when they are MILES away!!  You couldn't possibly hear the
bells over the roar of the engines.
Leigh