lunging the up and coming

I agree with you Angie.  I actually went to look at a young Arab one time and
the lady said to let her know exactly what time I wanted to show up as she
needed the lunge the horse for at least 1/2 hour before attempting to saddle
him.  She stated that "all arabs are that way".  She simply took them in this
very small round pen and brandishing a whip chased them around at top speed
for at least 20 minutes straight.  I couldn't believe it.  But none the less,
it was what she believed "had" to be done.  And she started this practice on
babies.