How UAE was treated in Kansas

I have found it rather interesting to see the comments on the UAE riders,
Sheik,etc. When we were pit-crewing for them in Kansas, most people treated us
as if we too were from a foriegn country......and I don't mean by being nice!!
Some were out and out rude, ESPECIALLY those crewing for the USA. I was rather
embarrassed at the time. I even joked with Tommy Crain at one of the vet
checks about "those Darn Americans"  It turned out great as our rider who
hadn't done a 100, finished 16th, which was nothing short of a miracle at the
time.

The UAE has made great strides in the 3 or 4 years since they have gotten
involved in endurance, I am glad that I helped in that process. Not by
condemning them for their lack of knowledge and experience, but by helping
them learn at the FEI level.

we also pit-crewed for them at the Cosequin ride and I must say, It is amazing
that a person as important as the Sheik, can be so friendly and just act as if
he is one of us(just has alittle more help!!!)

I guess what I am trying to say is, don't judge a whole country by the actions
of just some of the people. All of the riders and the pit-crews were always
very nice to us and to other countries. More than i could say for alot of my
own countrymen in Kansas.

amy whelan