Re: Re : WEC

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:04:30 -0800, Steph Teeter <step@fsr.com> wrote:

>I would prefer that this not be discussed on Ridecamp - it
>was tragic, and I believe discussing it on a public forum
>would be innappropriate. Thanks,

Why?  Yes, it was tragic ... but I can think of two very good reasons
for discussing it here:

1.   To dispel rumors.

2.  For people to learn and possibly be better equipped to deal with
such situations.

Discussing what happened need not point any fingers at anyone.  We
must face the fact that despite all our precautions, such tragedies
will sometimes occur in our sport.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net