Re: Awards Ceremony

In a message dated 12/16/98 7:52:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< We were told that they had to wear Arabian dress when outside.  No - not
 acceptable. >>

There is quite a difference between forcing guests to adopt their customs and
completely changing their customs to accommodate their guests.  In the case of
the awards ceremony, changing their behavior would have been the equivalent of
making them wear American clothing just because we were there--just as
unacceptable as what you cited, Truman, in my opinion.

Heidi