that three way race off in MS

HI Angie, everyone...

> It was in Mississippi, and Valarie riding Cash was neck and neck with
> Nina Warren on Desert Ballad and Melissa Crain on Whoa Jack.  Nobody
> witnessed it but the 3 riders...Nina made her move and took off wide open
>
> This was the sort of race that people dream of seeing...and only three
> people saw it.  And you know what?  They'll probably still act that way
> even after winning this huge purse.

There were quite a few of us there at the finish line that day. They
finished in daylight.  I remember going out to the finish line and
thinking we had  few minutes to kill.   Then here comes the loud engines
of Larry's big rig.  Him and Tommy come screaming up to park and jumped
out yelling "here they come"...No way.  We said there was no way possible.
They said there was too...and about 5 minutes later, sure enough, hearing
the pounding hooves first...there had been 4 horses leave the vet check
together, but Betsy Reeves pulled back a little bit before the finish.
She won BC that day.  The three horses pounded into view.  We couldn't
tell who was what and where...three grey's running dead out for the
finish.

It was incredible to see that finish.  I think it was the most spectacular
race off that I have ever seen...that I wasn't involved in:-))

samm