Check it Out!
- To: LaBerge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: WEC RESULTS
- From: carl meyer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:13:25 -0500
- CC: Ridecamp <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Carlos F. Crespo" <email@example.com>, "Heidi Smith,DVM" <" CMKSAGEHIL"@aol.com>, JERRY Fruth <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Lynge simoni <LSimoni197@aol.com>, Teddy Lancaster <Teddy@runningbear.com>, Truman Prevatt <email@example.com>, "Carl Meyer,DVM" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: InfiNet
- Reply-To: email@example.com
The point has been well made by the results of the race.Yes, Rick, did a
good job and certainly was lucky in finishing the US team since it is
obvious that they did not ride as a team by the finishing times.What is
more credulous is the fact that the winner Jedi was classified as tying
up several days before with a subsequent lamness three days befor the
race.To me this takes supreme horsemanship along with (I hope Veteri-
nary recommendations of the pathophysiology of the condition) to start
the horse, although I would think that racing luck played the biggest
part of the game.
Has I said before, the US team to finish second was as accomplishment
that needs applause. I don't deny the applause. The finish line just
proves my point that looking at the finishing times of our team
justifies the fact that selecting an almost western group wasn't the
right choice.History has repeated itself relative to horseracing in the
fact that high country horses haven't beat eastern horses thoughout the
years.Also, when the weight factors are out we will see that the rest of
the riders were spotting the US team weight.
The point being overall: (1) The UAE should be the first to wise up that
if weight adjustsments aren't made no one weighing over 186 will finish
in the top 10.How many times will the Arabs pay the tab and not win?????
Not many more times I would guess!
(2) Anyone hoping to make the team must weigh less than 186.
(3) In order for everyone in the sport to enjoy at some time the joy of
being choosen are having the opportunity to be choosen for the team the
minimum weights of qualifying races will have to be adjusted.
Let it be stated as of now that I have no bones to pick --------I just
want to see everyone in the sport have a chance to enjoy the same
opportunities in these qualifying races.
P.S. Joe Long, I offered you 2 to 1 that the US TEAM would not beat the
Australian team and 10 to 1 that the US would not take the GOLD.Only one
person in the whole ridecamp took up the 10 to 1 bet. Where is the
confidence factor in our organization when only one person out of 3-4
thousand would take the bet.I can't believe this . It seems that we more
endurance experts than we have endurance experts that are confident in
their handicapping ability to judge horseflesh in terms of racing.
Check it Out!
Back to TOC