Re: Bite the bullit movie-what's wrong

In a message dated 12/11/98 11:01:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
nevadaghostridr@webtv.net writes:

<< What's wrong....at the end, his supposedly fit horse that just did 500
 miles in 5 days is frothy with foamy sweat and where he had pulled the
 saddle the horse's back is bone dry!  Wonder how many cans of shaving
 cream they had to use.  We all know it should have been a clear watery
 sweat, right???   Linda, who loves that movie. >>

YESSSS !!! Give that lady a blue ribbon!  Also, remember that the foam was in
places that horses don't foam when they are out of condition, such as on the
SIDES of the rump.  Not between the legs, but on the open surfaces where there
is no friction to cause the foam. The horse was stumbling around sort of
crosslegged, and I thought "aha!, 2 cc of Rompun, IV".  Here is this gorgeous
buckskin QH with a big heavy western saddle, galloping in every scene, looking
great until he reaches the rail station, and THEN he "collapses" and staggers
toward the finish line.  Furthermore, you HEAR his LABORED breathing, but
watch his nostrils and he is not breathing hard at all.  Oh. well . . . such
is Hollywood.  But I wish for the sake of authenticity that the director had
sought a technical advisor who knew something about endurance.  On re-runs of
the film, I never could decide whether to laugh or be annoyed.

Barbara