Re: Radio interview with WEC vet

We've become quite militant over here. Anytime there isn't enough endurance
reported in the mainstream horse press or they get things wrong, about 8 or
9 of us get on the phone or the email and make a noise. The UK endurance
lobby!

I'm convinced we are getting somewhere too.

I'm a TV producer and I know from bitter experience that he/she who shouts
loudest gets listened to. You have to keep sending the message out or else
you will be ignored.

Anyway even though the Brit team was far behind and we heard almost nothing
of their progress until the event had been won it was still immensely
exciting. Experiencing the whole thing on the net and by email was a trully
global experience.

Amazing that an Italian (St. Lara) was supplying the U.S. the U.K. Africa
and everywhere else with vital up to the second info. I'm now really
fascinated to hear from the Japanese competitor who came 3rd. They have
every bit as many problems training for a 100 mile race in the desert as we
do in the U.K. more problems in fact, they don't even have 100 mile races!
How did they do it?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter to me which country won really it's
that they finished at all. I've never done 100 miles, maybe one day, so I
have enormous respect for anyone who gets that job done.

Bye

Annette