Re: who is AERC

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:05:17 EST, BMcCrary27@aol.com wrote:

>Nancy, your posts are always so wise. They're great because they're non-
>reactive and positive. Thank you for this. I wish more people realized how
>hard the BOD works to make wise decisions. Obviously, we don't always succeed,
>but we certainly don't go out with the attitude "let's see how we can extort
>something out of our riders". Some attitudes concerning AERC have become like
>some attitudes toward our governments, "let's see how we can get around this,
>let's see how we can cheat, let's see how we can get away with (whatever) . .
>. . ". It's sad, really, and SO counter-productive.

Barbara, I hope you and the other Directors know how much I appreciate
all of your hard work ... having been there for fourteen years I know
just how hard it is.

You know that in the past, when the Board made a mistake or an
ill-considered decision that turned out to have unintended
consequences, the Board was responsive to the concerns of the
membership and the ride managers and took steps to correct the
problem.  I hope you understand that my wish that the Board will do so
again, in this case, is not a slam at the Board.

I also hope that you don't consider conducting competitive trail rides
in conjunction with AERC endurance rides to be cheating, considering
that most of the Midwest Region rides have been doing this for
decades.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net