Re: Second Sweat

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 Cyberpony@aol.com wrote:

> Come to think about it.  The last time I noticed this was a time that I
> stopped riding, untacked and turned my horse out in the field.

I consider turning a horse out in the field (as long as it walks around
and doesn't shivver) to be a perfectly adequate way to "cool a horse out."
If he just stands around and/or shivvers, then yes you need to "cool him
out" by hand walking and using a "cooler."

Otherwise the second sweat is just his own way of cooling himself.

kat
Orange County, Calif.