Re: ride fees

Angie, I going to list all of your fees that have applied to one or more of
our rides over the years, then add them all and see what I could take in above
and beyond the usual ride fee:

$10  Showing up at a ride with limited parking first, parking at a weird
angle and then staking out 1/2 acre for your portable pen.

$5 Assuming management didn't mean *your* dog when they said "all pets
must be on leash". (How about $10 when the rule is "dogs not permitted"?)

$10  Asking the ride manager to leave their management position and go
get your completion award for you since you'd like to leave early. (This one
is worth FAR more than $10 -- and it happens EVERY single ride!)

$10  Showing up with a Jr. with no prior arrangements for a sponsor.

$50  Leaving without paying the farrier or vet. (This one is not really a $50
item; the vet simply asks us for the rider's address and he/she does the
billing directly)

At $10 per item, that's another $50, and it's all clear profit. Ah, the woes
of the ride manager (sigh) !!!

Barbara