Eating Habits

Hi Everyone,

A quick question here for you all here, I remember something being on
this list before but I can not remember what was said. I recently had to
put my horse into a 90' x 40' paddock, he used to be in pasture. What he
is doing now is eating his droppings, chewing the bark from trees and
nibbling on the fence and fence posts. I have seen this in other horses
before and never paid a whole lot of attention to it(I am talking about
eating his droppings), but now it is my horse and I just want to make
sure all is fine. I am comfortable in saying that I feel his diet covers
all his necessary nutrients and minerals. I would like to think he is
not lacking anything, but I could be wrong. When I have seen or heard of
this in the past, I summed it up as the horse simply being bored! I have
to be honest in that he is not getting the exercise he may need, so this
may make him extra bored, but he is so lazy you would think he would be
happy. Anyway I thought I would just send this out to ridecamp with
hopes of some replies. I really do not think I have much to worry about
here, but sometimes some confirmation and or advise is nice.

Thanks in Advance
Trish