Re: No One Should Ride Free

At risk I dare to comment here:

"Glenda R. Snodgrass" wrote:
Treat adults fairly, yes, and give kids a break, okay.  But no
one should ride free, or even practically free.  That is NOT the prinicple
upon which this country was founded.

Perhaps certain "freedoms" come with a price, yes.  But I do recall a thing
called the Homestead Act... free land maybe at the price of some blood, sweat,
and tears.  I am not advocating that my child should ride for free... even
when I pay for her rides, she earns the privilege to ride by helping out and
sometimes she contributes money she has earned herself.  But, if it were free,
it wouldn't hurt my feelings.  She could then go on MORE rides, because we
can't afford to let her ride every time.  This is just my perspective on the
situation and I also recall a thing this country was founded on called
"freedom of speech".  So we will just have to hope we can agree to disagree.
Maggie