Re: Kids Ride Free/encouraging gangs?

The old rule of having sponsors for the kids should take care of the "gangs."
Most of the kids I have seen on the Endurance and CTR trail have been quite
nice.  With the expense of keeping horses I doubt that the gangs would be able
to afford to ride even if it was Free.  Also the time it takes to condition a
horse might change some brat's attitude.  After all the Outside of a Horse is
good for the Inside of Man or Woman.  Perhaps just a really reduced rate.  For
Rabbit Valley CTR we offer lower rates for juniors and if there is more than
one its even less.  I remember one family that called and bemoaned the cost
for their entire family to compete so we made some large concessions and they
all showed up with new Ortho-Flex Saddles.  Oh well it takes all kinds.
Lovell