updating ROC?

  >Isn't there anybody else out there who is willing to pick
>up the
>torch?  The ROC is a great concept that deserves to be continued.

Susan and I have discussed this on the side.  I have suggested that
considering the fact that that time, expense and logistics of the 100
mile ROC were what did her in, perhaps she'd like to go with the up and
coming trend in AERC and sponsor a new championship for the LD's.  I
suggest we call it the "Itty Bitty Race of Champions"

With all details scaled down in proportion to the effort involved to get
a horse to this level of competition, the preparations would be
streamlined considerably.

Instead of those huge tents she used to get, we could get a couple on
loan from the local funeral home.

Camping, meals, and even porto-potties would be unnecessary since the
horses could show up at 8:00 AM, be finished by 10:00 and headed home by
11:00.  Mildly dehydrated riders should be able to "hold it" for at least
that long....because, after all, you don't come to a ride like the IBROC
just to complete...this is a championship RACE.

To be "IBROC" qualified, a horse must have proof that he's never gone as
far as 50 miles in competition.

Trails would be easier to find and mark.  One 12 mile (or less now that
LD can be as short as .1 mile) loop will be more than enough.  I'm sure
it will help the horses to repeat the loop so they'll recognize when they
are getting near the finish and will get that extra burst of energy to
get them through.

Rather than that full page ad she always ran in TrailBlazer, 1/4 page
will be appropriate.

At this distance, we could concentrate on more breed awards, perhaps even
a Draft division.

This is just in the planning stage, I'm sure there are DOZENS of you out
there (you know who you are...you like to write verses for the "Oh Lord
Won't You Buy Me....." song) who could think up ways we could make this
event special.  Wanna try?

Angie

Angie McGhee & Kaboot
Wildwood, GA
Rides2far@juno.com
Kabootnme@aol.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]