Re: what if AERC won't allow CTR...

Don't let them bully you!
I will cheerfully bet $100 of my own hard earned money that UMECRA rides
will be the same next year as last year.  The financial loss alone if UMECRA
rides pulled out is enough incentive for the AERC to allow things to go
along as they always have.  Also remember that CTR's have a minimum time and
thus can not be under the AERC's jurisdiction.

By the way if someone with a GPS says that your carefully measured 50 mile
ride is a little short, remind them that while a fix may be within 100 yards
of the truth, the recorded mileage can be up to 10% off.  I found this out
when I measured the 2 mile marker position on a CTR last summer and found
about a quarter mile spread in 3 measurements of the same distance.  I think
my GPS lost its fix momentarily in some trees and just forgot to count that
distance.  It appears to me that a GPS mileage will be true or short of the
truth!  I intend to look into this further this winter by measuring one of
my conditioning routes multiple times.

Ed Hauser
Sisu Farm
1140 37th St.