SERA...dues

Morning everyone!
Someone asked if SERA charged a non-member fee.  the answer is NO.  We do
not.  We have one membership fee.  However, as a not so small regional
club, we have next to no overhead. There is no office, very few awards at
year-end, very little things that are done except by volunteers. We have
postage to pay for, copies to pay for, and about 20  awards at year end to
buy and  many of those are small, simple awards .
Tracking points for our members is fairly simple. There are not that many
rides that are SERA, compared to  AERC and the membership is a lot smaller
than AERC.
There have been times, however, that a ride will offer a discount to
members of one of the regional clubs, depending on the club and the ride.
Here in the SE, we have three regional clubs.  SERA is the  biggest, and
covers all 8 states in the SE region.
There is also GERA, the Georgia Endurance Riders Assn, and they are the
oldest I think, anyone can be a member, but only rides in the state of Ga
are sanctioned by them.
 And we have the MERA, the Mississippi Endurance Riders
Assn, they are very small and very determined!  ANyone can be a member,
and some rides outside of MS are sanctioned by them, but it's usually a
ride that's close and from a state with not many rides, like TN or AL.

Samm C. Bartee-#9432
president of SERA for 97-98
points keeper for MERA 97-98