Re: Non-Member Fees, also paying more to be single

Now, a new dilemma to delve into!!!  Hmmmm, I don't care about the $10
non-member fee... that's standard in alot of organizations.  But now, I have a
good size family... at this point, only my husband, my daughter and I are
interested enough in the sport to join... the other 2 kids are gonna have to
learn to pit crew!!!  But if we had to pay $195 to join, we wouldn't.  Why?  It
would be cheaper for us to pay the non-member fee then.  If we did pay that
much, are we going to get 3 EN?  That makes no sense.  Are we going to get 3 of
everything they provide members with?  (I don't know yet what goodies I'll get
until I send in the dues... I better hurry up!!haha).  Many organizations have
special prices for juniors (I think AERC does, too...can't remember) and so that
would help reduce the cost there, I guess.  Still, there should be a price break
for families... that's just how I feel about it, right or not.  I think all in
all, it's probably the families who join who perpetuate the sport with their
children and grandchildren... kind of the family that plays together stays
together???  I don't know... I have to quit shopping on ebay and reading these
mails and get to BED!!  Good night, folks!!!  (Is there a button that can HOLD
my mail until I am mentally capable of handling it again????).  BIG GRIN  :D
Maggie