Re: Ctr & Endurance

"Aren't the Endurance rides usually on Saturday & the CTR's on Sunday?"

Nancy, I am a ride manager in Michigan.  I have put on the Little Manistee
Memorial Ride and the Tin Cup Springs ride for 7-8 years.  I put on a 50 mile
endurance ride on Sat., a 25 mile competitive ride and a 50 mile competitive
ride simultaneously on Sat.  On Sunday, we put on a 25 mile LD and a 25 mile
comp.

Back when I started, I interpreted the 25 mile LD "in conjunction with a 50"
to be on the same weekend. Hence, the 25 on Sunday.  Now I have been educated
and I sanction both rides for $15 each.
I am proud to say that I "convinced" the Powers That Be  to allow a 25 LD on
Sunday.

In the Midwest (UMECRA) we have been doing this "stuff" for a lot of years.
It sure is hard to get up exhausted on Sunday mornings and do it all over
again.  But as a rider with 2000  AERC miles  (can't believe I've gone that
far) and 3000 UMECRA miles (that's endurance and competitive) , I sure do like
doing those 2 day things.  Its sorta like a two for one deal -  paying for the
gas once and being able to ride two rides.

We have one ride manager who is a glutton for punishment.  He runs a 15 mile
Fun Run, 25, 35 competitive, 50 and a 100 mile endurance ON THE SAME DAY. Wow!
Thank goodness he's retired and we all know those retirees have too much time
on their hands.

So, come to the Midwest and bring plenty of horses for you will ride, really
ride!! ( and isn't that what we live for ?:-)

Becke Grams
AERC # 8525 (and I knew this number faster than my SS #)