Re: Judging how to "move up a level"...

I resent the implication that I am not a "real" endurance rider just because
I am only riding 25 miles and not 50 or 100.  I really don't think my
response a couple of posts ago was carefully read (I even reread it to see
where all this comes from!)... you and Lucy have made it sound as if I am out
to ride the hell out of my horse and place first no matter what (or at least
that is how it is feeling to me at this moment).  Riding a 25 LD ONE time
does not a 50 miler make... I went on to a 50 also...my horse didn't have to
be pulled but I was wise enough to go back down to doing 25s until I feel we
are BOTH ready for 50s.  There is NO disgrace in that at all!  And if going
on one 25 LD makes you an expert then by all means I should defer to you but
somehow I think you know better than that... I doubt the learning ever ends
as we can never experience every possible situation at any ride.  You also
made it sound as if all I want is Top Ten recognition.. where do you get THAT
insane idea?  The only recognition that counts to me is how I feel about
myself and the respect I get from the people I ride with, not the recognition
that comes from this forum by having a simple phrase twisted into
absurdity...  FYI, my riding strategies are not just my own fool notions... I
happen to ride with some very experienced distance riders who advise me and
help me along when I am unsure of myself and my horse... I am not out there
bulling my way through the pack to win a BC for recognition from WHO????
It's not like there are TV cameras and reporters waiting at the finish line
to embrace us with roses and champagne!  It really bothers me that so many
people can find one little phrase and turn it into a hoopla about nothing
much!
Maggie
P.S.  You don't need to write and tell me I sound defensive... I AM...
Jonathan and I worked hard this year and I am proud of BOTH of us regardless
of what anybody else thinks of us...he remained 100% sound all season so I
must be doing something right (knock on wood!).