apple cider vinegar

I was interested to see the comments on cider vinegar.  I'm not sure
about the ability of small amounts of this acid to promote sweating
or in arthritis. Perhaps the vinegar, or some breakdown product, aid
in the evaporation of sweat, which would increase cooling.
Interesting.   I have seen no studies that have looked at these
issues.
 However I am curious about the purported mineral content of
apple cider vinegar.  Since the vinegar is made from apples, which
are poor sources of both vitamins and minerals, how do these
nutrients end up in the vinegar?  Apple cider vinegar
contains 1 mg of calcium, 15 mg of potassium, 0.1 mg of iron and 1 mg
of phosphorous per tablespoon.  I think you'd have to eat a lot of
vinegar to make any substantial nutrition contribution.  Having grown
up in NY's apple country, though, I personally prefer it's taste to
any other type of vinegar!

 Beth Glace, MS Sports Nutritionist
NY, NY