Long Leaf trails in MS need help

As you know, the Long Leaf ride in Nov was moved to another nearby
location because an endangered plant was discovered growing in the bottoms
of 3 river crossings on the Long Leaf horsetrails in DeSoto National
Forest in MS.  Those trails are temporarily closed to large groups (though
individuals and small groups can still ride there) until this situation is
remedied.

I spoke with the forest ranger in charge, who told me that there are 3
crossings that need to be hardened, either by building bridges or putting
in special gravel crossings.  They have money to buy materials, but need
manpower.  He would like to organize a workday/weekend sometime after the
holidays.

I volunteered to spread and the word and identify folks who might be able
& willing to help.  He will be calling me back soon to schedule a definite
date.  If any of you would like to participate in the workday/weekend, or
know someone else who would, please contact me, so I that I can have my
volunteer list ready when they call me back to schedule the workday.  And
if any of you are also on the CTR list and can spread the word there,
please do so.

Many thanks!

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL