Re: Paint and pinto coloring

I LOVE the genetics! ;-) ...but then again, I AM a biologist...

Anyway, along the same lines (but perhaps SLIGHTLY more endurance related),
how about purebred Arabs with body white? I had a straight Egyptian mare
that had an unusual blaze (looked kinda like the top of a china cabinet) and
a huge belly spot. She also had a few small silver-dollar-sized white spots
on the insides of her stifle and under her chest. I've seen several Arabs
that look almost like an overo... I KNOW that the Arabs don't have the
pattern genes anymore than they have the dilution genes, BUT could something
like this be considered a pinto?

BTW, my mare was one of the BEST endurance 'prospects' I've ever met! That
mare had an 18 ft stride at a trot, and did 60 miles without her heartrate
ever topping 100. Huge rock-hard feet, huge bones, pigheaded...

Stephanie McCray
Golden, CO