Carolina 30/50/100

Just got back from JD's, read 92 ridecamp posts!!!! I don't know all the
details of the ride finish, but I do know that Nicky Young won the 50, I was
asleep : ( when the 100 miler winner came in.......I was in bed by 8pm!  The
weather was fantastic, it almost always rains at this ride, but not this year!
I did the 30 and came in 19th out of 44 starters.  Had a young woman ask me at
about mile 25 what place did I think we were in....I told her "sorry, but if
you run with us, you'll be middle of the pack". And we were, only 31 finished
the 30 mile ride.  The sand was deeper and dryer than any previous year I have
experienced and I think this was one of the reasons for the many pulls.  The
camp area was very nice too, thanks to the owners of Whitehaven Arabian Farm.
I saw many ridecampers there, though I'm too much of a wimp to go up and talk
to them yet.  Had a great time, those of you in the SE need to try this ride
next year, if there are any SE riders left that haven't gone to JD's yet! : )
Sore, tired and heading for the shower.....
Leigh Preddy