stall runner

I certainly am no expert, but I have a NSH gelding who was a lot like this, could never stand still.  After coming across an article in the Horse Journal, I decided to try something new with him.  I took him off all grain product and switched him to a grass hay and alfalfa/oil diet.  He get all the grass hay he wants and a mix of soaked alfalfa pellets and beet pulp with approximately 8-12oz of oil (depending on his work load) in the evening.  Since starting this program he has held his weight for the first time since I have owned him, he is calmer, and generally less fidgety, anxious, or otherwise hyperactive.  For him taking away all sweet feed, oats, and other products was the answer.  Good luck

Dawna Bynum-Boyd
HoofnFins@worldnet.att.net