Driving

A year ago August, I had back surgery to fix two ruptured disks in my back.  So faced with the prospect of being unable to ride for six month to a year I broke my endurance gelding to harness.  He loves it.  He can trot to his heart's content.  I love it too.  Fortunately for me I was back riding within six months, but we still take the cart out some weekends just for a change of pace.  You can pony a second horse off the back too if you have a second person with you.  I agree with Susan's post.  There are fun ways to enjoy your horse while your recooperating.