Re: Baking Soda

Tivers@aol.com wrote:
> (talking about ulcers.)
>
> One concern I have with "coatings" is the probability that one or more
> essential nutrients is going to be blocked from absorption. This happens with
> brans.

That brings up a question of how these "coating" substances work after
they pass from the stomach into the intestines.  In humans, most of the
absorption is in the intestines vs stomach.  Is this true for the horses
as well?  (I studied comparative vertebrate anatomy/physiology in
college 18 years ago - but obviously it hasn't "stuck"!)

Linda Flemmer