Re: T3, stall runner

In a message dated 11/24/98 11:07:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, CMKSAGEHIL
writes:

<< Can't say that I have any answers, but I would likewise sure be suspicious
of hyperthyroidism!  Have heard it said that hyperthyroidism doesn't happen in
horses, but have heard likewise about hypothyroidism, and I darn sure know
that I see those.  What would he do without the grain?

 Heidi >>

Well, his muscle enzymes are already high and his monocyte count is on the
high side. I'm afraid to stop the grain for fear this stall running is going
to eat him alive. We tried a goat and he ran over the goat. We can tie him to
the hayrack and he'll stand still then, but you can't do that 24 hours a day.

Is there a treatment for hyperthyroid?

If not, I was thinking about trying something like gamma oryzanol.

ti