Re: Tripping

In a message dated 11/22/98 7:12:32 PM EST, alison@hirschcompany.com writes:

<<  Personally, I put this into practice by sitting up and back when my horse
stumbles, but letting the reins slide thru my fingers at the same time to let
the horse's head find its own balance.  Haven't come off over a stumble yet
and I've had a few pretty good  >>

I also do this and have yet to come off because of a stumble. I DO come off if
the horse Falls (Dah).  I also brace my knees (like when you land after a
jump), sit back and let the reins slip softly through my fingers. Knock on
wood, never have I come off or fell forward on the horse during a stumble.
Leigh