Fwd: conditioning in winter

In a message dated 11/22/98 10:22:48 AM EST, MBlank6416@aol.com writes:

<< Would like to know how you all keep
 your horse conditioned in winter? My mare has freedom to go in and out of her
 stall to a large pasture. >>

There is much more knowledge out here than I, but my opinion is.....You do not
need to keep your horse conditioned through the winter. I feel that it is OK,
even good to allow the horse to recover, relax, and just be a horse for
several months in the winter. I pull shoes, turn them out and let them do
their thing. I also feel that this keeps the horse mentally fresh year after
year.
leigh SE

---- Begin included message ----
Hi All
I live north of Spokane, Wa and winter is here. When I get home after work it
is now dark. This weekend the wind and rain has been so bad you can't get out
and ride. Plus the snow is comming soon. Would like to know how you all keep
your horse conditioned in winter? My mare has freedom to go in and out of her
stall to a large pasture. She is six years old and we made it to one 25 mile
ride at the end of summer. I'm taking it very slow, but would like to do a 25
mile ride in early spring.
And I will never ride again without my helmet.
Thanks
Marsha

---- End included message ----