Re: Helmets

Wolgram wrote:

> I was reading my new Western Horseman last night and in the "Letters from
> Riders" section there was a letter informing readers that Richard Jackson,   His death was described as having occurred when "he was
> only 300 feet from camp when a new horse he was riding bucked him off
> head-first into a rock.

What really irritated me about this issue, was this letter, and then a
few pages later on was an article about choosing your child's first
horse, complete with pictures of a 10 year old girl, mounting and riding
without a helmet.  Nice message to send out to the youngsters.

As adults I can respect your decision not to wear a helmet, even tho I
disagree with it.  Children are not old enough to weigh the odds and
make that choice...their parents should be protecting them.

Nuff said,

Tracy Stampke