Fwd: Helmets Part VI, VII, VIII, & IX

In a message dated 98-11-20 20:53:56 Canada Central Standard Time,
NdurN@aol.com writes:

Susan

Riding with or without should be a personal decision. I would be rude and
wrong to suggest that no one should be allowed to wear a helmet, but it is
just as rude to suggest that we have already suffered brain damage because we
have a different opinion from yourself and don't agree that we should have to
wear a helmet. If any of us were to do only what someone else or some
insurance company thought was safe then I might as well stay on the porch
because a person can get hurt or killed doing thousands of daily activities
like trimming a horse foot to stacking round bales with a tractor. Living in
the country and all the work that is involved exposes me to all lot more risks
than falling off a horse.
I firmly believe we all have the right to ride as we choose and that right
should be respected by people who choose to ride differently.

Jerald

<< As one who has been a lot closer to that end than you I ask you to pay more
 attention to what everyone has said......No one said you had to wear a helmet
 just that in our opinion you have already suffered brain damage when you
 profess to be so skilful you will never hit the ground and wish you had a
 helmet.

 Sorry if our concern bothers you

 Susan

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 11/20/98 9:47:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
<< When I can't ride, I WANT it to be the end!!

As one who has been a  lot closer to that end than you I ask you to pay more
attention to what everyone has said......No one said you had to wear a helmet
just that in our opinion you have already suffered brain damage  when you
profess to be so skillful you will never hit the ground and wish you had a

---- End included message ----